Sound Decision Productions has built a reputation for having “The right gear with the right attitude!” The equipment we use is of a “national rider” caliber and is meticulously maintained. Every system is checked to ensure a worry-free event. We have built a reputation for having “The right gear with the right attitude!” Feel free to browse the website and check out the services we offer and the product lines we use.
MARK HARTZELL, CEO and head of systems engineering at Sound Decision, holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in Audio Engineering from The Ohio State University. He has quite a diverse background, engineering all genres from classical to metal, bluegrass to techno. It’s all good! Mark draws from over 30 years experience both on and off the stage. Unlike a lot of “bigger” companies, Mark oversees every show and is committed to making sure your event runs smoothly. This is probably why year after year- artists and promoters continue to hire SDP to produce their events.
“This is a demanding industry, one that you must enjoy and be willing to work long and hard hours. I am fortunate to be working with people that not only love what they do but excel at it!”
Some highlights of Mark’s career with SDP:
- Head Engineer for the regional touring choral group, the Scarlet and Grey Show
- Scores of albums with engineering credits from The Bodeans to Paul Cebar and the Milwaukeeans
- Founded Sound Decision Productions in 1997
- Countless shows, both as Front of House and Monitor engineer for local, as well as National Acts
- Nominated best FOH Engineer and Best Monitor Engineer for WAMI awards
- SDP is WAMI award winning for Best Stage Production
- SDP is the house audio contractor for the renowned Rave-Eagles Club
- 2017 Condensing the name “Sound Decision Productions” to “SDP” for better brand clarity
- 2019 Purchased one of the first Coda AiRay rigs in the US